Someone I spoke to this week (I don't remember who) was saying that a friend of theirs didn't celebrate Valentines Day because it seemed silly to set aside one day to treat the people we love the way we ought to be treating them the other 364 days of the year. While I believe that this is true, I also appreciate the extra reminder to show those feelings, even if it is focused on one day. Especially being separated as we are, it means so much to me that Dave took time out of his day to choose flowers to send to me; that he mailed cards to Caleb & Abby. I'm also enjoying listening to the cd's of music that he burned and sent. So, long after the flowers are dead, the cards thrown away, and the discs scratched and unable to be listened to, I will remember the efforts taken to show me love and know that every other day I am loved, even if I don't have flowers to show for it.- April
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Valentine's Day
Someone I spoke to this week (I don't remember who) was saying that a friend of theirs didn't celebrate Valentines Day because it seemed silly to set aside one day to treat the people we love the way we ought to be treating them the other 364 days of the year. While I believe that this is true, I also appreciate the extra reminder to show those feelings, even if it is focused on one day. Especially being separated as we are, it means so much to me that Dave took time out of his day to choose flowers to send to me; that he mailed cards to Caleb & Abby. I'm also enjoying listening to the cd's of music that he burned and sent. So, long after the flowers are dead, the cards thrown away, and the discs scratched and unable to be listened to, I will remember the efforts taken to show me love and know that every other day I am loved, even if I don't have flowers to show for it.- April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Brandon and I are in the catagory of we don't panick about V-day, but we do take an opportunity on or near the date to express our love again. Good job, Dave!
i didn't get flowers.
I feel the same way -- about any "made-up" holiday, really. Why fight the chance to tell someone you love them??
Beautiful flowers.
Love your post!!! i agree with what you said.. Beautiful Flowers!
If it honestly takes some one (like my wonderful but habitual husband) to have a "holiday" to give me special attention so be it. if it doesn't happen whoopee -do da
Post a Comment