Monday, June 1, 2009

Lena Lake

Saturday I went on a hike for camp with the Young Women in our ward.  We chose this great hike to a place near Hoodsport called Lena Lake.  It was 6 miles roundtrip and this was what awaited us at the top.  Such a beautiful view.  Even some of the girls admitted that it was worth it!  There is a camp ground not far from where we turned around.  I am planning on going back with Caleb & Abby.  I believe they can handle the hike and then a nice overnighter.  
Not sure what these flowers are, but they were everywhere on the trail.
-April

3 comments:

ray-ray says said...

That is a pretty lake!

Glad you had fun with the YW.

And I can remember those flowers from hikes I've taken....I've always wanted to find out their name. Mom?

Jon and Mercedes said...

Looks Beautiful...I am feeling the urge to go out and enjoy nature. I like your sidebars re: Iraq!

Maytribe said...

I want to say they are trillium, but then I am not sure. i will have to get out hiking book... granmda afton would definately know...why don't you ask her.!!!