Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cabin fever

With the rain, and the no school, and the rain, and both kids at home, and well, did I mention the rain? Wednesday night I just knew that we had cabin fever and had to get out of Dodge, so to speak. Once I mentioned to Caleb that the Pacific Science Center had a Star Wars exhibit, the decision was made to go there.
This was the view of the Space needle as we walked from our car to the PCS. Anyone else see that tiny spot of blue on the left hand side?

Abby was thrilled to stand in line for 30 minutes to see the butterflies. Well, not so much the standing in line as the end result. There were so many. I was glad they had a guide to help us identify them. Although we didn't see the one below on the list, and I sure wish I knew what kind it is.

This was the last stop of the day. I was as excited as the kids to see this part. We were humming this as we were standing in line. It was a fantastically cool exhibit. Not only were there loads of costumes and props, but there were also hands on stations where we built magnet propelled LEGO ships, and a robot that actually rolled. My favorite part would have to be the interactive stations where we built a Water Farm on Tatooine.

This is the Darth Vader from Episode III. Abby looks the way she does because she is imitating the sound Darth Vader makes. Say it with me, hooooh, heeeeh, hooooh, heeeeh....
Have fun at this exhibit, you will. Go, you must. Learn much, you will.

Abby was thrilled to see something from Princess Leia displayed. I was hoping for the Jabba the Hut scene, but I guess R2D2 and C3PO are quite a bit smaller to transport than the fat green thing! - April

4 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

how fun!! i am sure your kids loved it. we have had rain, snow, slush and just crazy weather our Spring Break.

Marie Martin said...

We noticed that butterfly too and wondered what it was.

ray-ray says said...

Nice field trip.

I'm still laughing over the "abby in the window petting a cat in the nude", story.

One of favorites of all time.

P Kirkwood said...

We were there on Tuesday! We didn't stand in line for the butterflies, but we had 6 children between my sis and I. The wouldn't all wait. We loved the Star Wars exhibit. Brandon was a little jealous, but I told him it was one of the perks of my job. :-}