Thursday, February 5, 2009

Future career opportunities


A few weeks ago Caleb and I got into a discussion about working parents.  He asked why I didn't work and I explained that daddy and I decided that I should stay home while he and Abby were little.  He asked if I would ever go back to work and I told him after Abby was in school I sure would.  When he asked what I would do for work, I told him that I wasn't sure and when that time came, I would figure it out.  Fast forward to Tuesday.  I was in the bathroom using a plunger in the toilet for, well, reasons I won't get into, and Caleb said words only a parent can appreciate: "Hey mom.  When you go back to work, you should be a plumber.  Cause you're really good with a plunger!"  I wonder if a son's recommendation will work on a resume? - April

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

haha!! Kids are so funny! I'm glad you do a good job, though!

ray-ray says said...

you know, we've never had to use our plunger on our toilet. only with the kitchen sink.

i'll keep you in mind if we ever need a good plumber. ;)

P Kirkwood said...

Yeah, just the kind of position you would want after taking care of kids for so many years. They help you get used to weird smells and dirty hands. ;) Pam

Raych the brain Stangle said...

ahh man see the possibilities are endless with the skills one gains from motherhood. I know now that I can clean up puke, pee, and poo, with out batting an eye lash. ahh let the good times roll.