The kids and I went to Utah for Spring Break this year. Before we actually went, it was great to have that trip to look forward to. And the trip itself was wonderful. We drove down with my mom & dad. I'm proud to say that the first day, Caleb & Abby didn't watch any movies until it was too dark for them to read and play! We arrived at my sisters house in Plain City (near Ogden) on Saturday afternoon. I was fighting a cold (a miserable way to travel) so Abby & I took a nap while the others went to cousin Gretchen's soccer game. Sunday was General Conference, and the Wellsville Mays and Mike & Krissy came for a nice Easter dinner. The weather Sunday, Monday and Tuesday was beautiful! It was so nice to have warmth and sunshine. It was all we could do to keep Abby & Caleb off of the trampoline. Man, I wish we had room in our backyard for one!
Monday we went into Salt Lake with grandma & grandpa and walked Temple Square and saw Kristin & Mike's place. As we were driving around SLC (which has changed a lot since Dave & I lived there) I found myself pining for Dave's company as seeing many of the places we frequented brought back such great memories. Caleb & Abby were such troopers as I dragged them with me to see a friend from HS (thanks Tiff for letting us invade your craziness), and a mission companion (it was great to see you Margaret & meet your girls). Thursday Dyan, Kristin, mom & I spent the day together getting fitted for bridesmaids dresses, Kristin's bridal dress fitting and some shopping. We spent Friday night with the Davis side of the family - Dave's grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It was nice to be able to connect with them, even if Dave wasn't around. I especially enjoyed showing Caleb & Abby the Bountiful temple. As the kids were marveling at the view of the valley and the temple itself, I found myself marveling that just over 10 years ago that temple was where Dave & I started our own eternal family and how much I love those 2 crazy kids and am thankful for that ordinance! Saturday we enjoyed Gretchen's baptism in the early afternoon before starting home again. As with most vacations, it was so fun to be there, but finally being home in our own beds, and not in a car was really nice. I am so glad the kids got the chance to reconnect with their cousins and that I could do the same with friends and my siblings. - April
3 comments:
man what awesome pictures! I can't believe how the kids have grown since we last saw them which honestly does not seem all that long ago. I'm so glad you guys had a good time in UT and we are counting down the months till when you get to see us. love your guts woman.
Looks like you had a great time in UT! Glad you had a chance to get away!
I wish we could have gone down with you guys!
We'll for sure have lots of fun in August!!!
Post a Comment