Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pictures from the other side of the world

Dave sent us some pictures from Iraq today that I thought I would share.  He has told us a number of time about the different colors of sand and the effects the sun has on the area.  I thought this one was especially impressive.  It is such an unnatural color.

Here is a picture of a sand storm rolling it.  It really looks intimidating. 

In the middle of a sand storm.  Looks more brown to me than the one above. 


Of course, what would a series of desert pictures be without a camel?  

This was table decorations for Easter.  Cakes, fruit, bunny and Jesus statues... made from butter!  Oh yes.  butter.   - April
 

6 comments:

Amy Nelson said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! I like the first orange one.

Goff Six Adventures said...

Thanks for sharing! Butter statues -did they melt in the heat? :)

Plain City Dickamores said...

Those are neat pictures!! Love the Easter spread!

ray-ray says said...

Those are some pretty crazy pictures!

And Easter dinner wouldn't be complete without a bust of Jesus made of butter.

Raych the brain Stangle said...

cause really what's better than butter but Jesus! the orange is just... freaky. how ya doin? I've been thinking of you hope all is going well.

The Dillon 6 said...

Easter just wouldn't be the same without a buttered Jesus. :)

Those pictures are great! The orange one especially!!