Monday, June 1, 2009

Seahurst Park


Over Memorial Day weekend, we took a little day trip to Seahurst Park in Burien.  It was amazing to me that this beautiful waterfront park was minutes from the first church building Dave & I attended when we lived in SeaTac, but we had never been there.  10 years later we realized we need to do a better job of exploring our little neck of Washington.  
Here's a picture of the cousins enjoying the sand and frigid water (it is still Washington after all!)
Speaking of being in Washington, I had to snap this picture of the tide coming in with all the seaweed.  It can't be a Washingtonian beach without the seaweed!
Abby and cousin Lily playing in actual sand!
This see-saw was all set up ready to played on.  Caleb and cousin Corgan had a great time on it.  In the water you can see the group of kayakers that were practicing their recoveries - flipping upside down in the water, and then righting themselves.  
What a beautiful beach.  I am so glad we went! - April

4 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

Seahurst is one of my favorite places!!

ray-ray says said...

It was FUN!!!

Goff Six Adventures said...

Cute pics, I've lived here my whole life & don't think I've been to that beach! We'll have to check it out!

Raych the brain Stangle said...

man it looks like you guys are having an awesome summer. maybe next year visit you guys.

counting the days till you guys hit our scene. heaven only hopes that nobody will pass out from the heat.

but I plan on getting some passes to our children's museum and our zoo which is known for it's water park. yup thats right water. not the cuddly bears or funny monkeys. with them aside it's just a tortuous death walk that happens to have some on lookers in the form of other stupid people and caged up animals.