Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Pictures



So, about a month before Dave left, my mom told him: "You do realize that you have to get a family picture taken before you leave don't you?"  Dave: "I realize nothing!"  Mom: "Well, I need a new target for my dart-board."  Aah, yes.  That's the way we show love in this family!  The last family picture we had taken was when Abby was still a bun in the oven.  It has been a while.  I simply don't like getting my picture taken (I have a nasty habit of closing my eyes), and Dave doesn't particularly like the ridiculous poses in which photographers tend to place people.  That is probably why the "dog-pile" picture didn't turn out so well!  As we were leaving the portrait studio, I said to Dave, "Well, that wasn't horrible."   All in all I am pleased with the resulting photos.  My mom now has a great new dart-board on which to practice her dart throwing.  Dave won't forget what we look like.  And Caleb & Abby now have their own picture of them with their dad in their rooms.  We had some very sweet pictures taken of Dave & the kids and the kids & I.  Not too fond of the one with me and the kids, but I'll post it anyway.  Please  don't laugh; especially at the "engagement" picture of Dave & I.  - April




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice engagement photo :) mike and i had a good laugh! but like you said all in all the pictures look great.

Goff Six Adventures said...

Yay, we can post comments now! The pics turned out great! We had a family pic taken this summer & hadn't had one sine Zach was our only child - so you are way ahead of the game! I'm excited about Monday!

Plain City Dickamores said...

Love the pic with you and your hubby, your hair sure is Dark. Love the kids.

The Dillon 6 said...

love the pictures! Our engagement picture looks similar...and it's just as eery. ;)

Raych the brain Stangle said...

nice missing tooth on mr caleb...roar! besides the fact that you always look great in pictures even with closed eyes. dave managed not to look too constipated so well done on all accounts i give you a 10! :) at least you have family pictures I have no idea what our problem is... oh yes i do i look horrible in photos! silly me.

thehalvs said...

You guys are adorable and I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Come us see us while Dave's away, and PLEASE call me whenever you need anything. Love and miss you-
Jenn