Thursday, June 25, 2009

Photos from Dave

This is from an email Dave sent out.

The pictures of me are from the day I was promoted to Staff Sergeant. There is one standing next to Sergeant Smith (also promoted that day), he works with me and will probably play a large part of my next update email.

The picture of the truck is a vehicle that we inherited. I think every family in America needs one of these. It's armored with bullet proof glass, seats up to four fully outfitted adults and has plenty of cargo space in the back for groceries and your golf clubs. It was abandoned on the side of the road when it was being driven illegally by some civilians. Unfortunately, we weren't able to bring any vehicles of our own so everything that we have to operate with here had to be scavenged, although in the case of "Darlene" I think we made out pretty well.


The photo labeled "Our old home" is exactly that. When we were here back in 2003 that was the hangar that we lived and operated out of. One of our soldiers went back there for some maintenance a few weeks ago and cruised by our old stomping ground. I would have expected nothing less, but the place hasn't changed much.

I realize the photos are a bit random, but I hope you enjoy them anyway.

Take care,

Dave

2 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

great pictures!! Keep up the good work, Dave!

ray-ray says said...

I want a Darlene.